Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I attended City Council meeting last night...

It was good. I've always learned something new when I have attended City Council meetings. We have some great people in City Council.


Interestingly enough, when I attended this time with an eye for what it'd be like if I  were on the City Council, I saw how I would do things differently. I also saw that no matter what, there are consequences for all the choices we make. I saw how regardless of what a leader does, there is no pleasing everyone. Reminded me that government is there to protect rights, liberty and property and pursuit of happiness, not to make people happy. How, then, does happiness come about, with respect to government? Does government have an involvement in that? If so, what? Thoughts?

xoxo,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in August, the Daily Herald...

Posted the Candidate Guide. Here were my responses to the questions asked: Race:  Saratoga Springs City Council Occupation:  Wife an...