Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pardon the interruption

"And it is beautiful and tragic
Different verse but same old song
Sometimes the only thing you learn is
That life keeps moving on

"At this pace
We're gonna get somewhere
If it's good or bad, if it's slow or fast
Life keeps moving on
And yes, life keeps moving on" 
-Ben Rector


Ever have those times/moments where you're ultra-focused on something great - a project, your homework (for once), something really good and fulfilling and/or satisfying, and while you're in the "zone" and doing your thing, something that you LEAST EXPECT that could happen, happens? 


(Source: https://capitalcitybaseball.wikispaces.com/file/view/curve-ball.jpg/223564570/417x219/curve-ball.jpg)



Curveball indeed! I encountered a few experiences that I NEVER saw coming, and it threw me off my "game". Inconvenience! How cruel and rude that life doesn't respect the fact that I am running for city council! And these "events" that happened, why couldn't they have happened after this was all done? Why couldn't this happen at a more convenient time? 


All the while during these experiences in the back of my mind, I kept thinking to myself, how am I going to do this? How am I going to make this work? 

(Source: http://www.mynewsgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/help.jpg)


I realized that I had two choices: embrace what is, gratefully and willingly let these experiences take their course, see them through and then move on, or ignore it altogether and keep working on my campaign. I opted for the former. This experience reminded me that I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and neighbor first, and a political candidate last. Serving in office would be a great experience and honor, but when all is said and done, when all this hoopla and fanfare of campaigning for office and possibly even getting to serve in office is over and done with, take off all the political "makeup", the friends and supporters, the opportunities to make it big in the city, and I will still be Leah Hansen, wife, mother, daughter, sister, neighbor and friend. Robert Frost, here's to taking that other road. #priorities


xoxo,

Leah





No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in August, the Daily Herald...

Posted the Candidate Guide. Here were my responses to the questions asked: Race:  Saratoga Springs City Council Occupation:  Wife an...